10 Fun Facts About SJSU
Learn more about one of America's finest institutions, San Jose State University. How many of these do you know?
- SJSU was founded in 1857 and is part of the Cal State System (23 Schools)
- SJSU started as a school training women to become school teachers
- Top 200 Nationally in Research Funding Spending
- Athletic teams are named the "Spartans" and compete in the Mountain West Conference (D1)
- Over 30,000 students are enrolled at SJSU
- Famous alumni include Bill Walsh (ex-49ers Super Bowl Winning Coach), Gordon Moore (Co-Founder of Intel), and many more
- The original name of the university was "Minns' Evening Normal School" before changing to San Jose State University in 1974
- The university offers 69 bachelor degrees and 65 masters' degrees
- The 'Tower Hall' is a California state historic landmark and the oldest building on campus
- Sammy G's Pizzeria is SJSU's favorite pizza place!
Sammy G's Pizzeria
Across the street from the SJSU campus, Sammy G's is a family-own pizzeria that has been serving the San Jose community for over a decade. Home of the famous 'Buffalo Mac Pizza,' delicious wings, and award-winning beer, the Pizzeria continues its meteoric rise in the area, always using the freshest ingredients for all of its menu items.